19 Feb 2012

Surrealism

Surrealism is my favourite art movement... of all time. I just love the use of colour, the detail with in the paintings and the bizarre and wacky nature of the scene. 


This is my favourite surrealist paint called 'Landscape from a Dream' by Paul Nash.
 I've loved this piece as soon as I saw it in the Tate modern, while I was still on foundation.
Unlike most surrealist paintings it has more of a messy watercolour/pastel style to it, more simplistic compared to the usual highly detailed surrealist paintings.

Paul Nash (1936-8) Landscape from a Dream 
[Painting] Oil on Canvas.


Hmmm... maybe its time to revisit my Six form days, I think I'll start with my first year Surrealist piece.


Ta! Da... Wait... oh god burn it. Burn it with fire. Yeah we had to pick a place, an animal, and some objects from "hat"s. I got Disc, Tap, Ice cream, rocking horse, cassette, bacon, jellyfish and mousetrap. Well you can probably clearly see those.

What about my final year piece for six form?... hmmm.


Meh... I guess it was slightly better.

No comments:

Post a Comment